Thursday, November 19, 2009

How do you feel about death?

I suppose everyone fears the unknown, not many want to die, I suppose.  But the ones that know Jesus as their personal Saviour don't look at it as "dying"  but living.  Before your Daddy passed away, one day I noticed he was just sitting there staring into space.  Not really thinking about anything.  I asked him what and if anything was wrong?  He didn't seem to want to tell me, hesitated to answer then said:  a hole six feet deep.  I knew then what he was referring to and didn't know what to say.  But now I would say; you won't be put in that hole, just the empty shell, the part we can see and feel is in there.  Not the important part, the soul.  It lives forever.  Your Daddy went to sleep sitting in that lift chair and woke up in the arms of Jesus.  What a wonderful awakening, no more pain, sorrow, disappointment, sickness, and worry.  Just peace and happiness.  We can't even imagine how glorious it's going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment