Friday, October 9, 2009

What is your earliest memories of home?

 This may be the earliest, I'm not sure if it was before or after your Aunt Carolyn was born.  I do remember the night she was born.  Anyways, Moner, John, and I, (and Carolyn if she was born at the time) went to Uncle T and Aunt Jane's.  About two blocks from where we lived, on their porch was a swing.  I don't know why a piece of wire was on the chain.  The wire caught John's arm and made a bad gash, someone went for the Doctor.  He lived in town and they made house calls then.  Moner was so upset she couldn't hold John for the Doctor to sew it up.  Your Aunt Clara (your daddy's sister) was there so she held him.  I don't know if he had anyway of deadening it or not.  John probably still has the scar.  When I see him I want to ask him about it.  Haven't thought of that in a while. 
PS:  He still has it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my upside down apple cake post! Now this is such a great idea!! I think you may be on to something blogging this. Where did you find the original questions?

    ReplyDelete