Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tell how religion was practiced in the home as a child.

There's all kinds of religion.  We were and are pentecostal.  We weren't taught then as now.  Women didn't cut their hair, smoke, wear pants, make-up, jewelry, and no one worked on Sundays.  Stores didn't open on Sundays.  Ministers preached if you did any of those things you were bound for hell.  We weren't taught God's love.  If we were I don't remember.  All I could remember was that God would not love me if I did those things so I was brought up to fear God not love Him.  Through the years I've learned God does love us.  I'm sure Grandmama, and Moner learned it too.  We are going to be judged for our wrongs we do.  We must live without sin if we expect to make it to heaven.  God is all love.

1 comment:

  1. Im glad you know the truth now. It must have been hard to have to live a certain way because you were unsure of his love!
    If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
    I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
    Xo
    Priscila

    ReplyDelete