Monday, December 14, 2009

Tell about your's and Daddy's courtship.

I knew him when I was really young.  As you know by now Aunt Jane and her family and ours lived in the same house.  He came to visit them.  As I recall he would sit on the porch and read.  We would aggravate him to play with us.  Being older than us in his teens he didn't want to play.  Years later I saw this convertable (maroon) at the store.  I could see it from the house, it was the same house that Moner lived in behind Charlie's.  I told Moner, Carolyn, Grandmama, and whoever else was there that was my car.  Not knowing who it belonged to could have been anyone passing through.  He was visiting Aunt Jane in the country.  I can't remember exactly how I met him again.  I think he brought Dot to our house and one thing led to another.  We started dating.  Dot and Jack went with us some and we would double date with his cousins.  We went to the drive-in in Metter, the soda shop in Claxton, or visit his Aunt, and Uncle in Metter.  Jack, Dot and others would all go to the river to swim.  Daddy and I couldn't swim and never learned how, but we would go to the river.  He took Dot and me to places they had lived before around here and out from Metter.

No comments:

Post a Comment